Today I spent the day making gluten free, dairy free, corn free fudge and peanut brittle for Christmas. I took several recipes that I found online and adapted them to be allergy friendly. The results were yummy. One thing you will need is a candy thermometer and glad press and seal. It is with the plastic wraps.
I got the peanut butter fudge recipe from http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/cathys-peanut-butter-fudge/Detail.aspx
* 2 cups packed brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon soy butter
* 1/2 cup soy milk
* 1 teaspoon cornstarch (or tapioca starch)
* 1 tablespoon water
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup creamy peanut butter
1. Grease an 8×8 inch square pan. (I lined the pan with Glad press and seal)
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar , butter and milk. cook until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage (Because of the modifications I found it works better if you only go to the thread stage 220-230 degrees F, otherwise it become dry and crumbly)
3. Combine the cornstarch (or tapioca starch) and water, add to the saucepan and mix well. Remove from heat and beat for 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and peanut butter until thoroughly blended. (You will need to work quickly, this sets up fast). Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan. let cool, then cut into squares and enjoy!
I put this in the refrigerator for 1 hour and then flipped it over on a plastic cutting board and just peeled the press and seal off. After cutting it into squares I covered the fudge with the same piece of press and seal wrap to keep it from drying out.